What’s happening in the Crypto Market
- Seven days ago, non-fungible token (NFT) marketplaces saw sales nosedive after reaching all-time highs during the month of August. A week later sales have rebounded to a degree and NFT marketplaces like Opensea, Rarible, and Superrare have seen improvements in terms of seven-day trade volumes. Opensea, Rarible, Hic et nunc, Makersplace, Superrare See NFT Weekly […]
- An AT&T customer filed a lawsuit against the company last week accusing it of failing to provide “reasonable and appropriate security to prevent unauthorized access to its customer wireless accounts.” This has led to the theft of cryptocurrency from the plaintiff’s crypto exchange account. AT&T Sued by Crypto Investor An AT&T customer, Jamarquis Etheridge, filed […]
- The founder of two cryptocurrency hedge funds in New York, Stefan Qin, has been sentenced to 7.5 years in prison and three years of supervised release. He is also ordered to forfeit about $55 million. The Department of Justice (DOJ) said that he “engaged in a scheme to steal assets” from his hedge funds and […]
- Bitcoin’s hashrate has been climbing higher during the last two weeks, hitting 174 exahash per second (EH/s) on two occasions since June 28. Currently, Bitcoin’s network hashrate is coasting along at 158 EH/s, up 128% since the low 83 days ago when it hit 69 EH/s. Meanwhile, unknown hashrate has subsided a great deal as […]
- ADALend is building a scalable and decentralized lending protocol on Cardano, governed by the community. Cardano is the market leader in PoS as a collection of protocols for economic support to billions of people. Over the last decade, the decentralized Finance (DeFi) space has been forced to evolve to keep pace with the development of […]
- Bitcoin will always be the boss, but the real innovative and groundbreaking developments are happening in layer-2 solutions, DAOs, NFTs with utility and the emerging Metaverse.
- The rush to so-called safe-haven cryptocurrency appears despite concerns that the Federal Reserve would taper its $120 billion a month asset purchasing program.
- Smart contract capabilities are rendering old-school megalithic crypto projects obsolete as blockchains evolve beyond just being a medium of exchange.
- Analysts highlight the formation of a bull flag on the Bitcoin chart and suggest that the price could continue to consolidate until a major catalyst moves the market.
What’s happening with Crypto Policy & Regulation
- The Wyoming-based digital asset company has filed Form 10 and Form S-1 for registering and trading Locke and Ducat tokens.
- The three officials tapped by the Biden administration for CFTC roles come with promising crypto credentials, but can they live up to the promise?
- Veteran trader Charlie Burton gives tips on how investors can manage their emotions in bull markets and the importance of sticking to a defined set of trading rules.
- "Companies dealing in cryptocurrencies are not immune from oversight,” said New Jersey’s acting attorney general Andrew Bruck.
- The former cabinet minister, known by some as Mad Max, has been outspoken in his criticism of vaccine mandates, mask mandates and lockdowns in Canada during the pandemic.
- Amid the looming regulatory deadline in South Korea, a major crypto exchange is closing up shop in the country.
- South Korean crypto exchange Gopax has told users if it can’t resolve its banking difficulties before a looming regulatory deadline, it will need to shut down.
What’s happening with the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin is sustaining above its immediate support, but several altcoins are showing signs of profit-booking.
- Buyers continue to scoop up Bitcoin and altcoins on dips, a signal that there is strong demand at lower levels and that bullish momentum is building.
- Bitcoin’s quick dip below $44,000 sent altcoin prices into a freefall and has some traders worried that the correction could deepen.