What’s happening in the Crypto Market
- The Crypto 6 Case Heads to Trial With Only 1 Defendant Left, Prosecutor’s So-Called ‘Expert’ ExcludedOn Dec. 6, 2022, the “Crypto Six” case will be heading to trial, and out of all six defendants, only Ian Freeman, co-host of the radio broadcast Free Talk Live, has not accepted a plea bargain. According to the most recent hearing, Freeman’s legal counsel filed a Daubert motion, which aims to exclude the government’s […]
- During the last seven days, bitcoin’s price has remained above the $16K region following the aftermath of FTX’s collapse. Since then, a number of ‘sleeping bitcoins’ that sat idle for five to nine years have been moving during the last four days. Bitcoins that were worth far less back then are being transferred for the […]
- Shark Tank star Kevin O’Leary has revealed his and Sam Bankman-Fried’s failed attempt to raise $8 billion to rescue the now collapsed crypto exchange FTX. In other news, Russian president Vladimir Putin has called for international settlements based on digital currencies. All this and more just below in this edition of the Bitcoin.com News Week […]
- Bitget Shares Merkle Tree Proof of Reserves to Enhance Transparency Users’ Assets Safeguarded With at Least 1:1 Reserve RatioLeading global cryptocurrency exchange, Bitget, announces today that it is launching its Proof of Reserves Page, which will demonstrate to users that we are a full-reserve exchange, as supported by its Proof of Reserves (“PoR”), using the cryptographic-audited Merkle tree method, and that users’ assets stored on the platform are safeguarded. The Proof of Reserves […]
- Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman has warned about the possibility of a perennial winter for blockchain projects, including crypto. In a recent article published in the New York Times (NYT), the economist criticizes blockchain as a tech and its uses citing several signs that he believes precede this upcoming winter. Paul Krugman Compares Crypto Winter […]
- Bitcoin is always open and the BTC price is constantly changing — find out how to track it and understand more about Bitcoin price action with the Cointelegraph crypto price indexes.
- BTC price action stays cool over the weekend as Bitcoin bulls attempt to flip $17,000 to support.
- This week NFT Steez spoke to award-winning artist Victor Solomon about basketball, the metaverse, Web3 and his unique NFT collection.
- The dollar index (DXY) found support at a key level, leading traders to question whether BTC will manage to flip $17,250 to support.
What’s happening with Crypto Policy & Regulation
- U.S regulators and their failure to avoid another crypto contagion have raised a lot of questions over their credibility.
- Some online are floating around theories that SBF will get away with misappropriating and losing user funds because of his large donations to politicians.
- Judge Hong Jin-Pyo reportedly said there was little risk of Shin Hyun-seong or other Terra associates destroying evidence related to the case against the platform.
- “Your willingness to talk to the public will help the company’s customers, investors, and others,” said House Financial Services Committee chair Maxine Waters, addressing SBF.
- The former FTX CEO is receiving major backlash for his New York Time DealBook Summit and Good Morning America interviews.
- Legal team for 3AC liquidators blast founders for shifting blame to FTX, media blitz amid bankruptcyIn a bankruptcy court hearing, lawyers for 3AC creditors asserted the firm’s founders “repeatedly fail to engage” with liquidators but weren’t shy about talking to the media.
- Blockchain technology is making its way into the court system, with digital summons being served with NFTs.
What’s happening with the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin and altcoins are beginning to flash signals of a potential trend change, but a handful of downside risks remain.
- BTC and many altcoins are kicking up dust after the Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell discussed the possibility of smaller rate hikes in 2023, but is the momentum sustainable?
- Turmoil in China, concerns over the global economy and BlockFi’s bankruptcy filing are all weighing on crypto markets this week.